Sunday, April 04, 2010

Big Brother

It's very obvious that there is already a very special bond between Kai and Cruz. I honestly didn't know what to expect when we brought Cruz home. Part of me was expecting Kai to be upset and jealous. But it's been everything but.

Kai likes to be near Cruz whenever he can. When Cruz is in his chair relaxing, Kai is right next to him rocking him back and forth, or leaning up next to him and giving him hugs and kisses. Kai likes to hold Cruz's hand when he's nursing, or hold his feet and kiss them. And the cutest thing... Kai kisses Cruz non-stop. He'll bend over the baby, kiss his cheek, his head, his shoulder... anything he can. Smile and look at me and say "Awww!"I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. I think these two boys will be very close to each other. It's already evident that they are. It's special already!

~~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

On another note, I have more pictures from Grandma and Papa's visit to get up on the blog. They'll be coming up soon! And I am so excited that we got a swingset! It's not set up yet, but it's going to transform our backyard into a kid wonderland. Monkey bars, a fort, a slide, swings, a glider, and a sandbox. This summer and fall we'll be living outside. I've got the spf 70 ready!

Yesterday we went to the Buda Easter Egg hunt with Graham and Katie and their boys. Thank goodness I met them there because I would not have been able to handle my monkey's by myself. Ryenne was in a miserable mood. I took away all her eggs that she got because she was having a problem with being thankful for what she has. Tough lessons that this little girl needs to learn. She is so stubborn! I am having to force myself to be more stubborn than her and it's totally not in my nature to do that!

Today we're heading over to Gams and Pops house after Peter wakes up. A hunt, running in the field, good food, and love are waiting for us over there. Can't wait.

Happy Easter to all!

No comments: