Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh yeah!!!!

Day three of the new night time routine and it's going really well! YAY! I had a little resistance today but she caved and went right to sleep. YESSSSSS!!!! I hope I have a happy camper when she wakes up for school tomorrow!

Kai boy got a fever today. I've been giving him motrin but once it wears off it's back with a vengeance. I think he's staying home from school tomorrow. Poor boy. He has had his clothes in a plastic drawer thingy since he was born and today I bought him a big boy dresser. It's a lovely solid wood "manly" looking dresser - got it off Craigslist. It's really awesome.

Cruz is growing and eating, eating and growing. I need to take more pictures of him. His baby acne has totally cleared up and he's so alert! He is now smiling and he says "goo" when I'm really lucky.

It seems like my life is finally settling into a rythym. I have really been on a health kick since Cruz was born - an opportunity to change my body - and am learning to cook new things. It's been really fun. The kids are figuring out their rythyms of sleep time and play time (including Cruz) and I haven't been feeling AS sleep deprived (most days). Lots of fun is planned for this summer with the swingset in the backyard and we're planning on adding some Little Tykes play things back there - T-ball and basketball. Our little sanctuary where I don't have to worry about the kids running into the street.

Springtime is so beautiful in Austin. I just love that even on a trip to the grocery store I'm surrounded by amazing wildflowers and green trees. Certainly not the ocean, but lovely just the same.

No comments: