Friday, April 30, 2010

Like Christmas Morning!!

My friend Katie and I are helping each other through a life change. We started about a week after Cruz was born and it's been fun and challenging to do this together. It's not a diet, it's not just weight loss, it's a total change for the better for our body and for our families. I've learned a lot about my threshold for what my body can take, what makes it feel good, and what is working.

The funny thing is that I thought life would get 100% more chaotic after Cruz was born. But actually, things have settled into more of a rhythm than before. Our new bedtime routine gives me enough time to concentrate on what my own body needs. Throughout the past 7 weeks, I have been doing walking, dancing, yoga, and cardio/weight training (all by DVD) while my monkeys sleep. My body is starting to change and it feels so good.

Friday's are our weigh in - just to see where we're at and to cheer each other on. This morning was like Christmas morning. I came in at under a weight that I haven't been at in YEARS. In fact, I'd venture to say that I could probably fit into my wedding dress... maybe I'll have to dig it out to check?

I'm also keeping an eye on my BMI - body mass index - It's still high, but coming down. I started at 40.8 and am now 37.6 (around 20 is considered healthy/normal).

Anyway, although I barely got any sleep last night, I am a happy camper this morning. I'm super excited to be feeling the way I do and to have a plan.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So happy for you.