Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday ramblings

So on Friday night (well actually it was around 4am Saturday morning) Peter called to let me know he was being sent home from work. My heart skipped a few beats as I thought of what that meant... did he lose his job? Did something happen?

Indeed it had. A drunk guest had threatened his life. For a stupid reason. And instead of Peter getting the heck out of there, or thinking about what he was doing, he got upset and punched a wall. He was sent home, told not to come to work for 2 days, and to see HR on Monday.

For me this meant preparing for the loss of the job. But my head kept telling me that in that situation, he had reason to be upset and afraid. The guest had kept trying to provoke him into a fight and he hadn't fought back. Surely he can't be penalized! But still the stress over the weekend accumulated and we talked about our future and what we would do if he was let go.

Fortunately the hotel apologized that he had to deal with that situation and he didn't lose his job. It is certainly a lesson learned - when people try to get a rise out of him he needs to take a moment to remember that he has a family to support and not let "Moke Peter" out ever again. I am thankful that we could have such an open dialogue over the weekend. I know the future will be bright.

On another note, I did snap a couple pictures over the weekend. Cruz is growing rampantly. He is my little Tubby. And today he smiled at me and it was fabulous. He also had his first bath in the big tub with Ryenne and Kai. He loved it. He had plenty of room to kick around.

Peter with our three monkeys
041210-001

Sleepy Cruz
041210-002

And last week (or maybe it was the week before?) Cowboy Bob visited Ry's school. Here are the pictures from her on the pony!
Rycowgirl2

Ry-cowgirl

By the way, she has been asking Pops and Gams to buy her a pet donkey for about a month now. :)

And finally for tonight...

Kai's school gave me homework! My assignment was to write a love note to Kai and it will be read to him at school. I sat down a few minutes ago and decided to hand write it to my baby boy.

img001-1

1 comment:

Kristi said...

My heart sank at the beginning of this post. Then I read your words "Moke Peter" and fell into laughter. Then I read your letter to Kai and your words "how your birth healed my soul" made my heart swell. Those are some powerful words. Hope this week provides you with calm lovely Spring days. You deserve it.