Friday, April 02, 2010

LOVE!

I was pretty healthy throughout each of my pregnancies and didn't gain too much, but my body pre-pregnancy in all cases has always been on the big side. For those that don't know, I have a condition called PCOS and it's a hormonal imbalance. In high school, I gained about 60 pounds in a matter of 3 months. I've never been able to get it off since.

Over the years I've done a lot of research on what affects my hormones and learned a lot about what does bad things to my body; processed foods, plastics, artificial sweeteners, sugar, white flour, ect. I've led a pretty darn good diet most of my adult life, but tend to overeat and also indulge in my beloved carbs and sweets.

After Cruz was born, I decided to work harder on my diet and my overeating habit. And of course, three little ones keeps me on my toes physically as well. In fact, my friend Katie and I decided we'd try to get healthier together. And it's nice to both be at a very similar starting point (sorry all my rail thin friends... it would be hard to compete with you!).

So... I just finished week two of my "plan". The first week I lost 2 pounds and this week I lost 4 POUNDS. I am so happy!!!! I never want to see the scale show those certain numbers ever again!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Great achievements. My body totally changed after having babies and I have to work super hard at staying in shape, especially now that I am closer to 35 than I am to 30. My motto is stay away from anything white. Have you every tried to eliminate dairy? Best of luck.