Sunday, May 23, 2010

His first fall :(

We were outside playing today and Kai had his first real fall. I feel terrible. I was so close to him and I just wasn't fast enough.

He was up in the little playhouse section of the swingset and I was talking to him and telling him to come down the slide and I was reaching for him. He looked out of the little window and he's so top heavy he tumbled right out, flipped, and landed face down on the grass. He has a double fat lip. I leaped over the slide and picked him up and inspected him. He wouldn't take ice on his lip so I gave him a popsicle instead. I WAS SO CLOSE. I keep telling myself that this is probably the first of many little boy "accidents" that will occur, but I still feel horrible. I was so close.

I watched him for any signs of a concussion, but he was his normal self (plus fat lips) all afternoon and ate his dinner. Oh... the emotions and traumas of being a mom!

No comments: