Thursday, May 20, 2010

Keeping Busy

My nights and days are such a blur... the days are passing so quickly that I often think, "Wasn't that just yesterday?" only to look at the calendar and realize that a week has flown by.

I took and amazing girls trip with my mama up to Ikea (Cruz came too) and got some much needed shelving and inspiration. It was so much fun.

The kids got sick (again) so we did inside activities. This included the new art paper and scissors that I got at Ikea.

You can tell Ry isn't feeling so hot in this picture - but she had a great time using her new scissors.

IMG_3745

And the new pens...

IMG_3750

Kai had more fun decorating himself. But that's ok. He sure looked cute doing it. I think he has finally cut a new molar. I say "I think" because he won't let me feel in his mouch. But he was definitely NOT himself over the past few days. Finally today he is doing better and back to his sweet little self.

IMG_3755

So Wednesday evening it was warm and the kids hadn't had a fever for more than 24 hours so we decided to go check out the pool. Our first trip to the pool as a family of 5. Wow... we took a lot of stuff!

Typical Ry... wouldn't look at the camera.

IMG_3759

Kai Boy was afraid for some reason. I'm sure he'll be a little fish again in no time, but this moment... see his little hands holding onto Peter? I just had to capture those little hands. Too bad my P&S camera didn't have more zoom.

IMG_3756

And here is Cruz. His first time at the pool. He did GREAT! He kicked and didn't fuss.

IMG_3761

I'm totally excited and inspired to look toward the very near future... I have saved enough to rip out the carpet in the living room and put down wood. I just have to find the 'right' wood. I am pretty sure that I can make the living room look presentable and simple and actually have clients over.

I am hoping and prayingn and sending out vibes into the universe for Peter to get the TSA job he applied for. Once he gets it, I am going to put in an application to buy our house. Technically the house is my dad's... and it's on an interest only loan. I want it under my name and I want a 30yr fixed. The rates are so good right now. I HOPE it works. If it isn't the right time and we don't qualify, we still have time. But I am inspired.

I feel like such a busy person. Fortunately photography was good to me this month. What it holds for the future is always a guessing game, but I enjoy it so much. The kids have kept me crazy busy and I feel like I don't have enough attention units to provide to everyone. Sometimes I feel like I am on my very last nerve. Laundry suffers. Cleaning suffers. But I have spent some lovely time outside with them lately. I wouldn't trade that for anything!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ikea is such fun.

Fingers crossed on the job.

Love Ry's hair braided like that.