Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last Day

Today was the last day of school for Ryenne and Kai. They were each so excited to go to school today.

While they were away, I was hoping to catch up on some sleep. Cruz has his first cold and is a little miserable Opihi boy. (Opihi is a limpet that sticks to rocks for all you non-Hawaiian readers). Cruz had alternate plans and wouldn't sleep so I snagged a few pictures of him in his cute onesies for SuperSweetCreations.

20100527-IMG_8629

20100527-IMG_8632

20100527-IMG_8643

He's in a relatively good mood here...

20100527-IMG_8678

So then we went to pick up Kai at his school and he was still napping. It's a treat to get to see him nap. He likes to sleep at home in such solitude and such dark that I rarely get to see him sleep. He's the epitome of a sleeping angel...

20100527-IMG_8644

And then he woke up. He was groggy, but I snagged a picture of him and Miss Jolee - his first ever teacher. Miss Jolee told me how much she enjoyed having him in her class and what a helper he is to the other kids. She gave me a bag full of cards that the other kids had "made" for him. And what really touched me is that she cried and hugged Kai before we left. VERY special.

20100527-IMG_8648

After we left Kai's school, we got to Ry's and she had a full on pizza party today. Everyone was abuzz with talks of summer break and cubbies were being cleaned out.

Ry said goodbye to Miss Jenn...

missjenn

And Miss Shawnda...

missshawnda

All of these teachers have been so awesome to my kids. I couldn't have asked for anything better. In the Fall, they will both be going to Manchaca UMC and I am excited to be driving to one school instead of two. I can't believe Ry will be in the 4's class. One more year till Kindergarten! WOW!

We headed home and played outside for just a little while. It was HOT! But then we heard music outside and new shave ice truck was rolling through our neighborhood. Peter bought the kids shave ice and they hopped in the stroller and we took a walk to get the mail. We were all hot and sweaty and came back into the AC t o cool off.

Something good must have been on TV!

20100527-IMG_8672

Cruz was again in not such a great mood (look at that face!) so Kai tried to cheer him up.

20100527-IMG_8667

20100527-IMG_8668

But, then he gave up and decided he wanted to be goofy instead :)

20100527-IMG_8677

20100527-IMG_8675

It's officially the start of summertime in the Dagupion household!!! Oh boy! Please let me keep my sanity (or whatever is left of it!)

3 comments:

bellamadre33 said...

I just love to read your family blogs. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. I enjoyed reading about their teachers and end of year good-byes.

Kristi said...

Happy Summering! I am totally jealous over here. I feel like I should be shopping for Christmas presents.

Susan said...

loved all of these pics...love the orange. Your kids are beautiful