Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I have been touched by the Spirit of Christmas.

Remember I posted the pictures of the kids mailing a letter to Santa? Well I didn't even put stamps on them. I figured the post office would do whatever they wanted. But yesterday I checked the mail and there was a letter to the kids from Santa. It touches my heart that someone has taken it upon themselves to return letters to children. That is so above and beyond and so wonderful that it's just really brought me into this Season.

Several people have touched my life in the past few days.

My Dad really helped us in getting the dogs on a plane. Emmy came to Honolulu where I picked her up yesterday and brought her to Maui. He then took Dexter this morning to the airport to go to Reno where he'll stay for a few months until he can also come to Maui.

When my dad took Dex this morning, Continental told him the crate was too small but they had one for sale for $140. This was a big bummer. But noticing that Dex's crate was brand new, he offered my dad a crate trade and told him "Merry Christmas!". WOW. How amazing and wonderful!! Dex made it safe and sound to Reno where he's currently snuggling with my mom - THANK YOU MOM!

Emmy had a rough day yesterday. When I got her she was matted with poop, pee, and vomit. Poor thing was so scared. As soon as the plane touched down in Kahului I got on the phone with PetCo's grooming department. It was 6:30pm and they closed at 7pm. The groomer, Claire, heard my desperation and said she's wait for me. I brought in Emmy and Claire got her sparkling clean. She even took apart the crate and hosed it down. ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!! Me and Emmy are so grateful!!

And lastly, the other night I picked up the kids and started to head home. My purse had been sitting on the back of the couch and Kai had knocked it over while he was playing. I didn't realize that my wallet had fallen out. I was already to Lahaina when Marissa called me. I was going to turn around, but Peter's cousin Shane decided to bring me my wallet in Lahaina. Thank you Shane!! And then I went to Taco Bell because everyone said they were hungry. The drive through attendant was a teenage boy and I was expecting him to just give me my bags and move on to the next customer. But instead he handed me three individual bags and told me, "I figured each kid would want their own bag. I hope it makes your ride a little easier." and I was BLOWN AWAY. Yes this was a small thing, but it was HUGE for me. So thank you boy from Taco Bell.

My heart is so full right now. MELE KALIKIMAKA.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

little acts of kindness...i enjoyed every word in this post. maui has taken you back in it's arms.

mele kalikimaka.

xoxo