Friday, December 09, 2011

Pretty morning but...

Today was just a really hard day.

The shower in our house is broken so it's being worked on. And since we have just the one bathroom I tried to keep us out of the house as much as possible today so we wouldn't have to use the bathroom with the workers.

This morning I took the kids to feed some horses, but it started raining. Jenna and her boys came with us - so she suggested we go to Kula to check out Kula Country Farms. They were closed for another half hour so we ran around at Rice Park and then went into Kula Country Farms.

Rice Park has an amazing view! For those that don't know what they're looking at, we're on the slopes of Haleakala in Kula. Looking down you see the valley of Maui with ocean on both sides. You also seet the West Maui Mountains and the island of Lanai there to the left.

Cruz putzing around

Kai in front of the gardens

The farm stand where we bought strawberries, tomatoes, and cabbage

Ry checking out the pony

Happy Sunflower!
After our little trip to the farm Cruz was overtired and hungry. So back home we went where I made them chicken stew with rice. Everyone ate all their food and then dumped their bowls over on the table and the floor and spilled rice everywhere. Not just the baby, but all three. And I lost it.

I had been up since 6am bathing, dressing, feeding, and cleaning up after the kids. I didn't get dressed myself or even wash my face until after 10am. And here they were leisurely throwing their food and bowls around like cleaning up after them is all I am here for all day long.

So then we went to Kahului to have Ry's tb test read so I can register her for school tomorrow. We get home and the older two go running off into the house without even a regard that I had small stuff to carry in and could have used their help. I guess it's just getting to the point where it's really, really hard to be by myself. There is nobody to help me clean up, take out the rubbish, give baths, feed, do laundry, edit photos, ect. I am just overwhelmed and exhausted. I honestly don't know how single parents do it! I have been going, going, going nonstop for the last two months and I think my body is telling me that I just need a break. I joked with Peter that when he gets here on Tuesday I'm giving him the kids and running in the opposite direction! haha

All joking aside - I love them immensely. I am just so overwhelmed!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, I remember when that was just this little stand selling strawberries. Beautiful views from Kula.

My husband and son are on Maui right now for my nieces wedding at Kam 3 on Sat. I am a little bit jealous, lol. I am stuck at home with all the kids between the ages of 2 and 12. And it was 19 degrees this morning.

Hang in there!

Susan said...

It's so hard. I know. I've been there many days. Keep pressing on friend. ;). Know u r not alone

Kristi said...

michael has been in santa monica this week for work and i feel the same way. it's hard.