Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ry's first day at school & a tour!

Ry had her first day of school yesterday. Koa brought up Shayna to stay with the boys so I could take Ry without the distraction that is "the boys". We walked up together and she held my hand so tightly. We entered her classroom - now keep in mind the school was built in the 1930's and hasn't been updated much since. Her eyeballs opened wide as she noticed the walls were kinda bare and the desks and chairs are all pretty old. Let's just say this school probably gets about a quarter of the budget her old school got. She met her teacher, Mr. Costa, who is an older gentleman. Not quite the younger, type A personality Ryenne had envisioned. But he's really nice and welcomed her. She didn't want me to leave and was thisclose to crying until a group of girls came and held her hand and took her to the carpet to sit down.

I came home and got the boys ready to head to Kihei. I found a clinic I could go to. It was quite an excursion with two crazy little boys in a doctors office. I have a sinus infection and conjunctivitis in both eyes. I look like a haggard mess. I got prescriptions and am starting to feel a little better today but hopefully even better tomorrow. At least my eyes weren't glued shut this morning!

Anyway, took the boys to pick up Ry yesterday and she said she had a great day. She got hugs from the kids in her class and told me all about lunchtime and recess (her two favorite subjects) and the sentence they were working on today. Mr. Costa let me know they're having a tea party today at 1pm and I can bring the boys so we're all going for a tea party! How fun!

And here's a little video of our house! If this is coming by email, you actually need to click the link of the blog to view the video :)



After the tea party today we zip down the mountain to pick up Peter at the airport! SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

it's so cute. so hawaiian style.