Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The View from Here

Another Picture the Holidays theme... the view from here. I might re-do this one because if I have this one published in the book the kids might be mad at me later on. But this is so real and so them at this moment.
This morning was our first morning waking up in the house. We made cinnamon rolls and while they were baking the kids started going through a box of books that Nico gave them. The books are from when we were kids and they are like little treasures. From the dining area, I snapped this image of them. Ryenne is shoving hair out of her face, Kai is picking his nose, and Cruz is trying to see the book even though it's upside-down. Just a little glimpse at how they are at this age, unstaged, on a regular morning.

The older two did excellent in their first night in the house. We read stories after bath and they fell asleep no problem. Cruz fell asleep no problem but woke up at 3am with a super stuffy nose and phlegm. I did as well so we both took medicine together and I couldn't get him down again until 5am. Lucky for me the older two slept in until 9am and Cruz and I woke up again at 8am.

This morning it's a little windy and rainy. But between the rain showers we walked to Makawao school and I got the paperwork that I need to register Ry. We're heading down to Kahului this afternoon for a TB test as that wasn't required in Texas. We can hear the school bell from the house and at recess we can hear all the kids playing. Ry says she can't wait to start school. Poor thing will have about 4 days of school then be out for Christmas break. I know she's stir crazy being with her little brothers all day.

We also walked around the garden area and pruned the hydrangeas that are growing on the side of the house. We took off all the dead flowers and hope that it'll give us some new bunches of flowers.

We are loving the house - can't wait to put my furniture in it and hang pictures to make it our own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... Is the local kine "Night before Christmas" in there?

Mama