Friday, March 09, 2012

After the Rain

A favorite past-time during rain - sleep!!
 Kai Boy fell asleep on the couch and he still reminds me so much of a baby. He is growing and getting smarter, but he still carries around little baby habits that remind me how very little he still is. He still curls up his feet like a newborn, which I find adorable - but I don't know if this is normal for an almost 4 year old?
Our garden getting lots and lots of water!

Ry making me a fruit salad in the play room

They still love their kitchen!

 This afternoon it finally starting clearing up. Peter headed off to work and Cruz took a nap. I took the older two outside to help me weed. TONS of weeds came up in the past couple of days. We filled an entire rubbish bag with weeds. And our Hydrangea bush gave us some gorgeous flowers and our tangerine tree gave us five oranges with a bunch more on the way.

We decided we should eat some pineapple and paint. So the watercolors came out all over the table already covered with folded laundry (cause that's how I roll). We took the top of the pineapple and planted it in the garden. We'll see what happens!

Ry using her stamps from Gamz



Then little man Cruz woke up from his nap.
Headed to Napili in just a bit.

2 comments:

maui said...

At least the rain on Maui is warm:-)
The flowers are gorgeous!

Lori said...

I love how you have taken the regular Upcountry Maui things (tangerines, Hydrangeas, a wet muddy garden) and elevated them with in your photos. :)