Monday, March 26, 2012

Sanctuary

So we've all been sick and kinda stuck in the house. We decided last week that we'd switch our room with the kids' room.

Our room was the biggest in the house and also the newest. It is the only room in the house with a modern door and it's the only room in the house without the charming wood ceiling and delicate touches of the house. I just wasn't feeling right in that room.


The flow of the bigger room is better suited toward the kids anyway - it will fit the bunk beds and dressers so nicely and be a great space for the kids to play.

Today we finished moving around furniture. I have a lot of kids toys to go through and still need to switch the closets, but I already feel better about my new room. It's charming and lovely and so much a sanctuary.

I already have some of my favorite things set up. Other things will need to be re-worked. This room is teeny-tiny. We're talking a modern houses tiniest bedroom. Can't wait to get everything put away and take some new pictures. And I got the most darling curtain rod for over the french doors....

No comments: