Tuesday, May 01, 2012

One Year Ago

As April has just finished and we begin May, I realized something today as Cruz climbed into my lap to cuddle. He is getting so big. He is repeating EVERYTHING. In April, 2011, he stopped nursing. Not by my choice, but because he was ready to move on. I was so sad.

So now it's been a full year that I have not nursed a baby. What??? That is crazy. I have been pregnant or nursing since 2005. And it's been a full year of not nursing. My body is actually MINE and it's liberating and sad all at the same time.

A part of me misses that baby connection, but I am more excited about all the cool developmental things that are a part of our lives right now. It is amazing to see this little boy connect to words and absorb things I am saying. He is now helping me use the cleaner and paper towels to clean up things on the floor, to help put clothes in the washer and dryer (and push the button of course), and putting things away in baskets. His love for books in unreal. He just devours every picture with such interest (sound like another Plauche' we all miss?). The spark that is this little boy is pure magic right now with a little bit of naughty two year old thrown in.

No comments: