Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Flu

The last time I was this sick was in December when we were moving into our house and Peter wasn't here yet.

This time around, all five of us got the flu. Not the stomach flu, but it was something awful. Peter had to call in sick to work for three days. This wasn't the "family time" we had envisioned for the summer.

But in the midst of feeling awful, having crazy body aches, and intense headaches while barely being able to breathe, I can say that I am thankful for a few things.

1) I'm thankful for Peter. Because we were both feeling awful and totally teamed up to get through this with the kiddos.
2) Cold medicine. For which children fell asleep and in turn we could actually get some sleep.
3) Snuggles. Because I got to hold each child and really "see" them. Take in each little feature on their face, stroke their hair, comfort, and love on each one.
4) Raw shea butter, which has been slathered all over my poor, raw nose.

Sick kiddos on the sofa bed. We had to tie Cruz's bangs up because he was rubbing snot all over his hair.


Ryenne and I made these pom-poms for their room.

Today we actually went outside on the porch to start a summer gardening project. We're going to track the growth of our seeds. We have two kinds of kale, sugar snap peas, and tomatoes. Our recycling goes out on the porch and since we've been sick, haven't taken it to the recycling center so it's kinda piled up.
Them. Snotty noses and all.


Kai is smiling today!! We discovered Hazelnut milk at Mana Foods. It's amazing. Adding it to our almond milk, coconut milk repertoire. No more dairy milk.
Sweet Cruz passed out on my bed.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll be closer to feeling 100%. The big kids were supposed to start gymnastics this week - bummed they couldn't go.

On a positive note, discovered my favorite meat place, US Wellness Meats, stocks beef cheek. Do you know what this means????? I can make barbacoa! I can't find barbacoa ANYWHERE on Maui. So once the tastebuds can taste again some barbacoa tacos are in order.

No comments: