Monday, May 21, 2012

Take me to the beach!

A mid-week food poisoning episode shut us down for a couple days.  I got super behind on work and me and the kids were just feeling awful. We couldn't wait for the weekend! Kai Boy is having the most effects... he is regressing which kills me. He is drooling and shoving his hands in his mouth, especially when he's tired. I am trying to fill him with really good nutrition and hoping that this will pass quickly.

Friday Peter and I decided to try to do our workout together. We parked the car right next to our Crossfit workout area and put on a movie and the kids did great. It was really nice to get to workout with him!

Press 55 pounds
We headed to Napili for the weekend. Peter worked an overnight shift on Friday night and then was off on Saturday. We left the kids with Grandma and Papa and hit up Costco. It was kinda funny that our grocery store trip sans kids turned into a date. It was so nice to cruise with Peter without fighting kids in the car.

Sunday Peter started a management training program at the Westin. I think it lasts for a bit. His manager saw that the hotel was getting very slow and hours were going to be cut, so he asked Peter to interview for this program. Basically it's guaranteed hours while the hotel is slow. THANK YOU WESTIN! Peter is 8am to 4pm this week and dressed up all dapper in Aloha shirts and slacks with nice shoes. Handsome! At the end of this program, I have a feeling they are going to ask him to consider a management position. They are short on managers - and initially this would be a pay-cut, but it would be guaranteed hours. We'll see how this pans out.

While Peter was working, I needed to get my butt to the beach. I needed some salt air therapy. Kai Boy opted to head to a party with Grandma and Papa so I took Ry and Cruz to Napili Bay.

I love this image of my nekkid little man.

I ask for a smile and this is what I get... hahahaha

Digging in the sand.
It was actually kinda a stormy day, we got rained on a couple of times, but the kids didn't mind at all. We dug some holes, played in the pools, and jumped over waves.

I am loving how the kids know this beach so well. It's like their "home beach". I know they'll have so many memories of this special place, like I have so many memories of playing in Kuau Cove.

After beach time we rested a little and then picked up Peter from work and picked up Kai from the party in Lahaina and went and had shave ice in Lahaina. Ry wanted rainbow and Kai insisted that every color be some form of orange in his. Cruz shared a giant one with me and Peter. It was so good. We left the West Side as the sun was setting. It was a beautiful weekend!

No comments: