Friday, February 19, 2010

And yet another change for my baby boy!

Kai is seriously tripping me out. Since when did he go from my sweet baby boy to a rowdy little toddler??

When I dropped Ry off at preschool yesterday morning Kai cried on the way back to the car screaming and pointing "That! That!" and I realized that I really haven't done enough big boy stuff with him. He's just been "the baby". I know this is totally pregnancy hormones at work, but I felt crushed like I have been cheating him. Ryenne is such a high maintenance little person that she commands so much attention. And Kai is such a cruiser that he just happily plays by himself while his sister is a drama queen. Anyway.... feeling super guilty for not spending as much time as I should with him. He is beyond sweet....

Anyway, the past few days he has been running around the living room making his plug (that's his paci) sideways in his mouth and rubbing his teeth on them. Peter and I inspected his plug arsenal and discovered that he's been severing the sucky part and they are a major chocking hazard. Into the rubbish they went... he now has about 2 that are intact. He has them in his mouth all the time, needs them to sleep, and just to pacify himself. But now I have visions of severed plug nipples dancing through my head and wake up in the night just to go check on him and make sure he's not choking in the night (overstimulated brain you say?).

So this morning after a talk with my mom I decided that he cannot have any more plugs during the normal course of the day. He'll get one for nap and for night-night time tonight, but I think we're going to phase them out completely. I don't know how much more worry I can handle from these things. Seriously... the site of those severed plugs was downright SCARY!

Little Kai Boy will soon be a toddler without his plug - with short hair - a complete transformation from just weeks ago. *sniffle*sniffle* And I'm a hormonal mama!!

No comments: