Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Out all day

What an amazing day I had today. I truly feel spoiled.

After dropping the older two off at school my mom came over and picked up me and Cruz and we had a lovely breakfast together and then went out to get the last things we needed for Christmas. The kids are done. Totally done. I will have lots of baking to do next month, but I'm glad I won't have to battle crowds.

Mom and I had a lovely time. It never fails to amaze me that we have everything we need within a 15 minute radius of our homes. I had meant to tell her that we hit everything in one fell swoop, but I got tongue tied and said we hit it in one swell foop - so it was our joke of the day that we did everything in one swell foop :)

The other really awesome thing today is that Peter has a customer that visits the hotel regularly that invited us to try his restaurant, Moonshine, in downtown Austin. We had never been able to take him up on his offer but tonight we had the kids' babysitter Hannah over for a couple hours while the kids were sleeping and we went out. It was lovely. The food was awesome. We enjoyed talking together without kids throwing food around us. We dressed up. It was so much fun!!

(ps - I know there will be questions about my hair.... it's not really that long. I got this cool clip in thingydoo a while ago so I was experimenting with it being long)

dinneratmoonshine

2 comments:

Susan said...

A date...wow what's that? It's been almost a year since we have been out on one. :) The joy of my loving to nurse baby whom we adore. You look lovely, like the hair.

Kristi said...

that was the first thing i noticed...your hair. grow it long sister. love it. glad you got out without the littles.