Monday, November 22, 2010

What a day!!

We are working on not using the tv so much in our house. My mom and I have discovered that the kids are really suffering from lack of imagination so it's been off for the last three days. This is such a good thing. I've been doing a lot with them, but also sending them off to the playroom or their own room for some play by themselves. I really can't be the entertainer all the time. They need to learn how to play by themselves too. 

Kai woke up with a cough and the snots so we didn't go to therapy today. I thought maybe he had the beginning stages of Croup (that barky cough) but that went away as the day progressed. 
We started out with breakfast and Cruz was all smiles straight from the get-go.


We heard that there will be a freeze on Thanksgiving and my basil plant needed harvesting anyway - so we headed into the backyard. It was already 70 degrees by 9am! Ryenne and I love smelling the basil!

She helped me pick the leaves that were nice and green.
Cruzito was thrilled to be outside. Honestly, the past few days have been his first "real" experiences outside as not just a tiny, helpless baby. Now he can really discover things outside and it's so awesome to see his face light up at something new. He loves to taste the leaves. Must be a texture thing. He doesn't eat them - he just licks them and puts them back. 


He just seems so much bigger today. Could be that I caught him standing in his crib for the first time. Or also could be that he can now pull himself up the one step into the foyer. He was hanging out by the front door today too. 

He has the longest toes! They're like fingers! 

And here is the basil that we harvested. 






So after basil harvesting and outside play we came inside and I told the kids they needed to play by themselves for a while. I was trying to clean up breakfast stuff and I come out and find they had emptied three baskets of toys in the living room. I went up the stairs to get this shot of them. Kinda blurry I know... but my regular point and shoot is broken.

After drying the basil leaves in the oven, our spice jar is now full! 

Ry having Dexter snuggle time.
After nap time, I had promised Ryenne that we could do their letters to Santa. A neighborhood kid was doing a fundraiser for their band class (you know, those catalogs) so I had bought each of the older two a letter for Santa. 

Ryenne's list reads:
1) My family to be all together.
2) Jellyfish Night Light
3) Princess tattoos
4) Toy top
5) Princess pencils
6) jewelry
7) A clean earth

She even practiced writing her name at the bottom. She did it on another sheet of paper too for practice. I'll need to get a better picture of that. I'm so proud of her!
Kai's list is pretty straightforward: Cars, Trains, and Tractors :) With his drawings of course.
We went outside in the front yard and had an ice cream sandwich picnic, but I didn't take the camera for that. Kai was covered in stickyness so off his shirt went. He was a nakey boy the rest of the day.


Ryenne was wearing a shirt with sequins on the front. When she came down the stairs the sunlight caught the sequins and "made magic on the wall" as she put it.
Three sets of buns almost ready for bath :)

No comments: