Tuesday, November 09, 2010

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Today the state evaluators for Early Childhood Development came over to evaluate Kai's speech for the free state program.

I was thinking he wouldn't qualify because his speech has been improving so dramatically. When I last spoke to them they said he needs a 6 month delay to qualify. While he is still delayed, it's not 6 months.

So they evaluated his speech and also his cognitive and fine motor skills. They found he has a 4 month speech delay and a 6 month fine motor skills delay. I held my breath. Then the therapist told me that when I child has a problem in two areas, they will accept them into the program with a 4 month delay. And so... Kai has made it into the state program for both speech and fine motor skills. He will have not one, but TWO therapists come twice a month to our home.

Not only that, but they will hold our hands while he transitions to the public school therapy when he is three.

I am so happy that he made it into this program because he so needs all the attention he can get at this age when his mind is such a sponge.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

so glad you guys are finding the help you need. xo.