Monday, February 14, 2011

How Silly I Am

I'll share with you how silly I am. I frequent real estate sites and Google Maps. Not just on Maui, but all over. In Texas, Portland, Seatlle, ect. I just love looking at old homes. I love the character - always have. It's a form of entertainment for me. 

Anyway, since I've been homesick I've been stalking the Maui Board of Realtors site more than usual. I found this gem in Wailuku in old Sandhill area. Swoon. Plantation House cutie. If someone were to ask me what my dream house might look like - this would be it - just with a thorough cleaning and some paint.



3 comments:

Jan said...

Mariah-You are not silly at all! I would bet that all "Hawaiians at Heart" do the same thing. I know I do. At least things have gotten much cheaper there. Like you, I would want plantation style. All the states are having huge cutbacks for education now, I think that will continue until the economy recovers. It is the same in Oregon & Washington. I think it is up to the parents these days to make sure their kids are learning.

Kristi said...

me too. we do the same over here.

Lori said...

There are some great old homes in Sand Hill.
My husband was just layed off last week. We have been back and forth about staying here, moving closer to Portland, or going back to Maui. Although if we go back to Maui I don't think we can afford groceries, lol....