Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thank You

I so appreciate having my own corner of the universe where I can come and vent my feelings from the depths of my heart - a place that, although public, is such a personal space.

I truly appreciate the comments and phone calls I got yesterday while I was feeling homesick. I had a beautiful conversation with my dad - it was precious to me. I am such a blessed person to have such a wonderful family.

Peter and I are both feeling the need to "go home" since we haven't had a vacation since we last went in August, 2009. Sadly we haven't been anywhere - not even around Texas - since then. I am pretty sure that when we make it back home this summer, we'll come back to Texas rejuvenated.

We had a really, really nice talk last night. We both agreed that Texas isn't the spot for us. We're sticking to our plan to move to the West Coast sometime in the next 5 years - Seattle, Tacoma/Olympia, or Portland.

1 comment:

Lacey | Michael | Leilani said...

I'm happy you're in better spirits today! I know exactly how you feel about living somewhere that's not really "for you" and the need get back to Maui.

PS. Seattle is beautiful! Mountains, ocean, culture, lots of things to do, history, great food, and much more mild weather. I'd love to move back there too!