Sunday, June 05, 2011

Our Fun Day

What a fun day we had today. After the rain passed and the power came back on, Marissa took all of us girls out for pedicures. It was my first professional pedicure in 2 years. It was Ry's first time ever. She got purple sparkley nails.

In the afternoon I got to go for a walk. The tradewinds were blowing really hard and I tried to jog but the wind was just too much to run against, so I did powerwalking. I walked from Napili and all through Kapalua. The Ironwoods welcomed me.


At the end of my walk, I had gone almost 5.5 miles. That is a record for me. It felt so wonderful.

When I got home the kids and everyone decided the day turned lovely enough to go to the duck pond in Kapalua. I had never been there before. Kinda crazy since I lived in Napili so long and never went exploring like this EVER.

We parked at the golf academy and started on the trail to the pond. Cruz rode in his stroller and the bigger kids did an amazing job walking. It was about a 25 minute walk each way to the pond.


 The ducks knew exactly why we were there! There was also a lot of koi in the lake and they liked to eat the stale cereal we brought too.
 Kai got his first guavas - they were growing along the trail. He really loved them. He's wearing his shirt like a hat. He also got to pee on the bushes which he loved.

At the base of the trail a rainbow was waiting for us!
 On the way back to the car we noticed a big mango tree with lovely mangoes (both ripe and green) but they were too high. So we came up with the brilliant plan of getting Jean on Pat's back and I held Jean's legs to stabilize her. The mangoes fell on Pat's head. Then he climbed the tree to get more. We brought home a bag full of mangoes. SCORE!

I headed out for my photo shoot re-do tonight and it was a beautiful sunset and a very lovely family. I am exhausted.... burned a lot of calories today and had a really, really wonderful day. Tomorrow is Ry's birthday. I can't believe my monkey is turning FIVE!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

that duck pond is totally new to me. your littles look very natural there on maui.

Lori said...

I never heard of the duck pond either. I used to take the kids to Maui Tropical Plantation to feed the ducks.
Recently we picked up a free copy of Maui Revealed. Our kids were looking through it and asking why we never took them to most of the places in the book. Our life was so centered around Kihei and trips to Lahaina to see gma. At some point, despite Dad and me spending almost our entire life's on Maui we got bored and jaded maybe? And caught up in the daily grind. We stopped appreciating all there was to do. Like when we moved here to Oregon. We are still playing tourist 2.5 yrs later.

I feel bad for my kids on how much of Maui the Didn't get to know....