Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gardening and Health


RAINBOW BREAKFAST

I have always been a terrible gardener. Like look at a plant and it dies. My brother, however, is freaking amazing. Plants love him.

Anyway, when we moved into our house in Makawao, it has an amazing gardening space and my landlady had started a garden she doesn’t have time to tend to. I was afraid I was going to disappoint her terribly and kill everything.

But I am happy to say that the garden is doing quite well. Today’s breakfast:
2 eggs from Upcountry chickens
Sauteed chard from Kula
Tomatoes, lettuce, basil, and nasturtium from my garden
Blackberries and Pecans from the mainland

See? My garden actually contributed quite a bit to my meal! Yay!

This week I have been trying extra hard to keep gluten out of my life. I have started to feel a bit better after the weeks of exhaustion. Peter has made sure that I get naps (3 hour nap, anyone?) and has taken over the dishes to help me as much as he can. I’ve been drinking a ton of water and taking my toxin detox homeopathic pills. I also took a natural doctors questionnaire to get their opinion on supplements and that came back today with suggestions for thyroid, liver, and pituitary support. So I’ll be looking into that supplementation to see if it helps even more to help me feel better and get back to my normal happy self.

I was starting to get very bloated - especially in the mid-section. Not “fat” (which I already have a lot of) but very bloated with pale, dry, tired skin as well. I have noticed a lot of the bloat has come down.
I am actually posting a picture of my mid-section because it’s starting to look much, much better. And if you’re staring at my stretchmarks, I AM A TIGER. HEAR ME ROAR. 3 children will do that to you. They are my battle scars of pride.
 So I will keep you all updated on my health. It has been really crazy to not feel normal and to see myself go through this much exhaustion and a little depression - so not normal for me. Keep happy thoughts coming!

No comments: