Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Kai Boy

It's been a whirlwind lately. Everything seems to stick together like a blur.

I had a last minute photo shoot booking this afternoon in Napili and the clients didn't show. I was pretty bummed because it takes a long time to drive there and gas and by the time we left Napili it was already getting dark. Ryenne and Cruz fell asleep in the car and Kai was extra chatty.

We had an entire conversation that started out like this:

Kai: "Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to have two hearts."
Me: "Oh really? I think we just have one heart."
Kai: "No, I'm going to have two. A red one and a white one."
Me: "Ok. Are the colors for different things?"
Kai: "Yes, the white one will always be for you Mama."
Me" "And the red one?"
Kai: "For the light girl who wears lip balm."

And before I knew it, he was on to talking about the race cars (orange and blue) that he's going to drive and that he'll have bigger muscles than his daddy. It was quite a grown up conversation for the little dude.

Got home and tucked them all into bed.

No comments: