Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's On

15 years ago I was a 16 year old girl with a broken heart from a player and planning to go to my prom with a friend who would try to put a goldfish in my fruit punch (just a little immature).

After Junior year was pau, I met an incredible person... Peter. And when I saw him, it was literally a "moment" and I actually said, "Please God. Let that be him." OUT LOUD.

Anyway, fast forward through nearly 15 years, 3 kids, almost breaking up, then making up - here we are. I have to say that we are in a better place than we ever have been. There is more understanding, more love, more friendship... we are more in sync than ever.

The rings are bought, the dress is ordered... we're renewing our vows on June 11th (the day we met) and I can't wait to read the words I've written to him. Seriously can't wait.

Today we left the kids with the grandparents and headed to Lahaina just us two.

Lunch at Star Noodle = YUM.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Kimchi
Then we decided to driving around just a little bit to talk. He has been working the Overnight Shift and honestly, we haven't seen much of each other in the past week. It's been a LONG week. Two more days of the night shift to go...

We had never been up to the Kaanapali Coffee Farms so we headed up that way just to look at all the beauty around us. Truly gorgeous.

This scene reminded me of the movie, "A Walk In the Clouds" where they called the vineyard, "Los Nubes" because the clouds were always beautiful around the vineyard. These are the coffee plants with pale clouds. Kinda took my breath away.
Along the roadside on the way down from the Coffee Farms. The dirt is VERY red and the road was stained red by the dirt.
Tomorrow after Peter wakes up we're taking the kids for shave ice and to the beach. Should be a fantabulous day.

No comments: