Friday, April 06, 2012

Health

I really have so many images and stories to post. I haven't even edited the pictures yet. I even bought a new purse, which is huge, considering I've been using the same one for nearly 6 years and it finally got a puka (hole) in the bottom.

Anyway... I digress...

Today I am talking about health. My health. CrossFit has been great and I can see improvement to my muscle tone and endurance, but I am not losing any fat - even with eating paleo. And then the other night in my sleep answers started coming to me.

I have been having an awful lot of migraines lately. My neighbors spray their yard every other week and I workout right next to the pineapple plantation. Monsanto has lands all around here that they are using as testing grounds. I am filled with toxins right now. I know this because my PCOS is acting up again (polycistic ovarian syndrome). I have more body hair - fast growing too which sucks! - the fat deposits on my belly and thighs are actually GROWING despite all my exercise and good diet. When I looked it up today, all the pesticide toxins contains xenoestrogens. My body is completely and totally out of balance! Estrogen dominance is huge in our world today.

So yesterday I went to Alive and Well and discussed some homeopathics to help the body get the pesticides out. Nobody has the one I was looking for (only online - it's called Addicde-Chord), but we looked up the ingredients and I bought something very similar called Body Pure to help get the toxins out. I also got some progesterone cream to help balance out the estrogens. When I researched how often to apply the progesterone cream, it also noted to put it on the neck when a migraine comes on! Hey... just the info I needed!

So I walked out of Alive and Well feeling all happy that I'd be able to try a new regimen. I went to Ross for some shopping by myself to get Ry some sheets for her new bed (pink polka dots!). And there right on the shelf in front of me sitting all by itself saying, "LOOK AT ME!!!" was a bottle of Abra Therapeutic Cellular Detox Bath for removing pollutants. THANK YOU UNIVERSE! Somebody up there was pointing me in a good direction. I practically skipped to the register!

I took my detox bath today. Half an hour soaking in the tub, laying on my back and staring at my tummy fat. It actually jiggled a little with each heartbeat. I know that my body yells at me when I exercise, "What are you doing, you bitch!!! STOP IT!" and I have had a really big hate issue with my body all my life. But tonight I realized that I need to stop hating it and start loving it more. Even if it hates me back, I do appreciate what my body has given me through all the trials and tribulations of having hormonal imbalances and headaches most of my life - my three kids. So for that I am forever grateful to my body. And I'm going to promise that I'm going to start loving it more, even if it's extremely grumpy while I'm trying to exercise.

I really think that these new things are going to help me out and get me balanced again. And I hope the migraines stop coming around!

No comments: