Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My New Purse


See that purse on the left? It's been on my shoulder for nearly 6 years. I remember I scored it at Macy's for 40% off. I have always loved it. Dirty? Ry puked on it? Sand got in it? No worries... washes up great. Well my Fossil friend is starting to show her age. She has a giant puka in the bottom and the lining has been keeping my stuff inside, but that is now starting to come apart as well. Not too bad for a $30 bag, huh?

I am a purse priss. Not in the way you would think. I need function. And it has to fit my shoulders because purses always fall off my shoulders. And I really, really like yellow purses (mustard). I have been on the lookout for a new purse for the past 3 years or so. Yeah... crazy, huh? If I did find one that would work, it would say something like, "Vegan Leather" and that would piss me off because why can't it just say, "Hey! I'm an $80 piece of plastic - buy me!". I just can't justify spending big money on a plastic purse. And don't get me started on Coach and the like. I used to be all over that in my early 20's but now I'm soooooo over it.

So anyway, I'm in Ross where I scored that awesome detox bath and there is a yellow purse. The last one. I go to grab it to check it's pockets (yes, pockets are important. It must be genetic cause my mom and Great Grandma are also pocket obsessed). It's perfection. It's $23. It fits my shoulder like a dream. I'm in love! It does have some downsides ie: it's plastic. I can't just throw it in the washer. So I'm putting away trusty Ms. Fossil bag and will pull her out again when I'm in a pinch if this new yellow bag ends up falling apart.

No comments: