Friday, October 16, 2009

Fun at Zilker Park

I love Zilker Park. It's been far too long since I took Ry and Kai there. It was just so hot this summer. But today it was a brisk 60 degrees and we met up with our friends Katie, Jackson, and Hogan and took a ride on the Zilker Zephyr Train. I would have loved to take pictures, but just imagine holding a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and a camera :) Makes for an interesting time. hehehe

Anyway, it was pretty funny getting Kai dressed. He is usually Mr. Nakey-Pants around the house. Always just a diaper and MAYBE a t-shirt. So this morning when I was dressing him he was looking at me like I was crazy. "Pants, what the heck are these?" it looked like he was thinking.

I figured I'd put him one of his super cute shirts from SuperSweetCreations that I'm supposed to photograph and haven't gotten to because it was so hot. Well sure enough... he really didn't want to pose for pictures. He just wanted to play. What else should I have expected?

101509-006

Ryenne had so much fun playing with her buddy Jackson. Jack and Hogan are such cute little guys. Pretty soon Hogan will be walking around and then me and Katie are in BIG trouble!!

101509-002web

101509-009web

Zilker Park has so many great things... the train, an amazing view, and a really awesome playscape.

101509-005
I'm so proud of Ry on the balance beam! So much more graceful than Mommy!!

101509-012

The kids loved playing with all the little pebbles. See the purple nail polish? We did that last night. Ry is on cloud 9 cause she picked out the color herself at Target.

Okay... so I tried to bribe Kai to let me take some shots of him with his awesome shirt. Bribing with chocolate goldfish that I found in the diaper bag.... yeah... not so flattering to the shirt but definitely cute nonetheless!

101509-013

And one last parting shot.... Kai on the stairs. I think he liked the stairs with the rail better than the playscape itself. Up and down, down and up.... and then we came home and had chicken noodle soup which Ry spilled on herself. So she dressed up in her new purple dress from Grandma.

101509-004

No comments: