Friday, October 02, 2009

Kai Boy is ONE!!!

My dear, precious, baby boy has turned one. I find myself in awe at the past year, his growth, his love, his laugh... It all seems to be passing so quickly.

I remember the day he was born so vividly. I remember being so scared to have a little boy because I didn't know how much different it would be than Ry. But he made it so easy for me... he is such a happy baby!!

We woke up with morning snuggles. Peter came home from work and got him out of his crib and brought him in our room for playtime on the bed. We wrestled and tickled and Ry and Kai loved it.

Ryenne had school and so after we dropped her off, me and Kai went to the store to pick out a cake. They had a really awesome yellow one so we got that. Then we came home and he slept for his three hour nap.

We had a wonderful afternoon. I had an afternoon meeting with a client - of course it was the ONLY day that would work for them grrr - but while I was out I stopped by Target to pick up a toy for him. As I stood in the toy section, I realised that this is the very first toy I have ever bought him. EVER. Ryenne has always had so many toys and when Kai was born he got a few toy gifts. Even for Christmas... he got a bouncer, not a toy. But I have never bought him any toy before. I could just be hormonal, but I stood right there in the middle of Target and bawled my eyes out.

I picked out an awesome truck for him and headed for home. We set up the backdrop in the driveway and attemted the cake smash. Kai was more interested in the lemon that was on top. But Ryenne and our friend Auni helped eat some of the cake and fed him frosting. It was very cute.

We had lasagna for dinner and Kai cleaned his plate. He didn't even drop any on the floor for the dogs! He had his birthday cookie, and then we opened his truck and birthday cards from Great Grammie and Grampy and Great Grandmama. He loves his truck. Ryenne loves it too!!

I think he really enjoyed himself. I feel bad that I couldn't provide a huge birthday party for him to celebrate his first year. It's such a milestone... his very first birthday... But I know that he was happy and that is all that really matters.

Here is my darling boy on his very first birthday...

100109-001

100109-002

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy First Birthday sweet baby boy, and Happy Celebrating to the Mama. I am looking forward to watching you grow in this next year. Thankfully your Mama is the best photographer, and I get the pleasure to view all your best shots. Love you guys.