Thursday, October 08, 2009

Observations

This is going to be a rambling post...

When I flew from San Antonio to Houston, I sat next to a sweet couple celebrating their 54th wedding anniversary. The woman shared stories of her children growing up and their move from Mexico City to San Antonio long ago. It made me smile.

While I was sitting in the Houston Airport eating my breakfast, I was surrounded by businessmen blatantly flirting with waitresses even though they were married. Everyone in the airport was dressed "to the nines" with complete faces of makeup on.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out on my 8.5 hour plane ride that Continental Airlines provides a full meal and snack service. I was actually well fed.

I was dumb enough to watch the movie "My Sisters Keeper" on the flight. I was crying so hard that the stewardess had to come ask me if I'd be alright.

When I arrived into Honolulu, the humidity hit me like a ton of bricks.

Everyone wore slippers, shorts, and as skimpy a shirt as possible.

I woke up to my nephew crying this morning. Papa had gone to work and his parents wouldn't get up to play with him. I fed him, cuddled him, and took him on a date to the coffee shop where I bought him chocolate milk with whipped cream. Then I took him to lunch later and we watched koi fish in a pond. Later we drew trains on paper.

My heart aches for this boy, this sweet boy, who is plunked in front of the tv until grandma and grampa come home day after day and ignored by his parents. I hope they find this and realize that they are missing out on a great boy. I wish I could win the lottery and buy them out and adopt him. Peter and I could give him so much love and attention in Austin.

If I were a rich woman I would have my photography be a hobby and do fun things with the kids everyday. I hate being away from them. I feel like an empty shell without them.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You are a rich women!