Saturday, October 17, 2009

The silliest things

We started the day with an interesting request for an October morning,

"Mama, can I write a letter to Santa Claus?" Ryenne asked. Of course I thought her head would be spinning with the thoughts of pumpkins to choose and candy to "tricker-treat" for later this month. But Ry is definitely obsessed with Santa and the promise of a sparkly tree with gifts delivered to little boys and girls' who listen to their parents.

We picked out a green piece of paper and I told her to tell me what she wanted to write. Then she decorated it herself with her crayons and a marker.

I will take a picture of it tomorrow. It's filled with the sweetest little three-year old requests:
Jewelry Box
Princess Fishing Pole
Candyland Game
Magic Wand

and a few other things. But her eyes sparkled when we went over the list and I am so happy to see that magic in her eyes. These next few months will be fun indeed!

No comments: