Thursday, October 15, 2009

Home!

I am HOME!!

I flew out of Maui at 5:11pm. Hawaiian Airlines took me over the North Shore of Maui. I saw Kuau Cove and Haiku and the beautiful coastline. I cried. And I realized that I was crying because I don't know when I'll be back and because I am so mad at Maui and yet still love it so much. Maybe it's like a small child that has to learn some lessons before growing.

I landed in Honolulu at sunset and saw the sun setting over the ocean horizon. This is one thing that I miss in Texas... that globe of the sun setting over the water. Truly breathtaking to behold.

And I flew out at 7:15pm on Continental Airlines. This was the first ever trip I have taken with Continental and I must say that I was very impressed!! The plane had 8 bathrooms (which I visited often), each seat had it's own personal screen with a variety of movies and shows to choose from with a remote, and they fed us. Actual dinner. On the ride to Hawaii they fed us lunch and dinner (even with salads!) and going back to Texas we got Dinner and an early morning muffin. The planes were very clean and they had a lot of staff on board. Impressed.

I got into Houston early in the morning and then rode to San Antonio where Peter and the kids were waiting. I opened the car door and saw both the kids staring at me with huge smiles. Ry screamed "Mama!!! I missed you!" and I hugged her so tight. Kai boy was smiling and grunting and I kissed him and sat between them and held their hands on the way back home. Peter so kindly waited his turn for his greeting until I had some time with the kids and could brush my teeth :)

It's so funny being gone for eight days. My mind thought of the kids so often, and yet, to see them in person the imagination doesn't even come close to their beauty in person. And they had even grown. My amazing kids...

When we got home I was exhausted. I have the hardest time sleeping on planes. So off to bed I went. Peter tucked me in and made the room dark and I slept for 3 hours. It felt so good!! I had dinner with the kids and went to bed with Ryenne. I slept for 10 hours last night and feel refreshed today. It's a new day. And I'm back home.

No comments: