Saturday, October 31, 2009

Satisfied

It's Halloween morning. Ryenne woke up early because she's so excited about trick or treating tonight. It's been on her mind since we went to Buda the other day. This is the first time that she really 'gets it' and it's magical to watch.

I started this blog back in 2005 with the hopes of keeping friends and family in the loop as to what we were doing and watching the kids grow. But I've realized that this blog is really for me. It feels so good to have this record of the kids growth, my feelings and thoughts, and little glimpses into my life that have passed.

Our lives are so 'in the now' that I often forget little details. Just the other day I had a freakout because I couldn't remember exactly how Ryenne's newborn cry sounded. And silly as it sounds, it was a memory that I didn't want to fade away but had. It feels so good to go back in time to a date and see pictures of the kids and remember how I felt. Our minds hold onto big events. The day Ry was born, the day Kai was born. But the 3rd day or the 26th day is a distant memory.

I don't know if it's just the pregnancy or just me as a person growing into my role as MOM, but I find myself pondering things a lot lately. I find myself thinking how material things of the outside world don't matter one little bit. I find myself so happy, so overjoyed, at the life that we've made here in Austin. I love dancing with Ry and Kai to her favorite Taylor Swift song and leaving all the dishes in the sink. They can wait. Time flies too fast to miss a beat.

I'm so happy that my husband is my very best friend and that he encouraged me to do what I love to do even though I go through dry spells and sometimes it's hard financially. We get through it. Love is amazing.

Later tonight we'll get the kids in their costumes and do some trick or treating. Gams and Pops are coming over and it will be a fun evening! Life is good.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Very well written my dear friend!