Saturday, September 04, 2010

First day of school

The first day of preschool was on Thursday morning. Of course even though I had planned this, it was a chaotic morning. And it wouldn't have been complete without getting the kids out to the car only to discover that one had pooped. 

Even though we were a couple minutes late, it seems we weren't the only ones with morning chaos. The preschool was alive with excited children, nervous children, parents, teachers... In fact, the kids were so excited that they held hands and took off for the entrance! 

20100902-IMG_0308

They were so excited that it was tough to get the "first day of school picture on the stairs" - I might have to try it again on Tuesday.

20100902-IMG_0310

I took Ry to her class first and she kinda shoo'd me out the door so she could get to the fun of school already. I then took Kai to his class and it was full of screaming children. He is the oldest in his class and the little ones didn't want their parents to leave. He looked at me, looked at them, looked back at me, and I saw a pouty lip emerge followed by crying. I couldn't take pictures - had. to. escape.

I think next week I will drop Kai off first - it will just be easier that way. They had a wonderful first day. It feels so good to have them back in this environment. I love their school! And hopefully cooler days are ahead as well.

No comments: