Thursday, September 30, 2010

iPhone for good & More thoughts on CFL's/Mercury

If you know me well you know that I have wanted to smash my husbands iPhone against the wall. No wait... worse... I have wanted to give it a slow, horrible death. That may sound harsh, but when that thing came into our lives, I saw so much time wasted on it and so many moments with the kids missed.

Peter has improved tremendously. In fact, I applaud him for making such a huge effort to leave his phone upstairs and away from our dinner table and our family time.

But remember I said this post was for the GOOD? Well .... finally an app that I can appreciate. Since I love all things vintage and all things photography, Peter found this app that turns the iPhone into an old camera with various lenses and various films. We had so much fun with it today just capturing random stuff.


And now for some other thoughts entirely...

When I read the information on CFL lights, and the fact that they contain MERCURY, it got me and my mom to thinking... because last January a CFL lightbulb broke all over Kai. I don't know if I have mentioned it on the blog, but Kai is showing signs of speech issues and he has a severe drooling problem. When I went online to research mercury poisoning, increased salivation and speech delays are listed as some symptoms (among other things). I am hoping that he will be tested at his appointment on Monday. Because of this possible contamination, I am not giving Kai the flu shot this year and I won't be giving it to any of the other kids either. I think we're going holistic this winter. I have read up on Elderberry (scroll down to the medicinal use section) and have stockpiled Oscillococcinum. Also after researching mercury poisoning I have learned that Cilantro paired with Chlorella is a natural detox and will be starting Kai on a tincture when it comes in. I am hoping that he doesn't have mercury poisoning, but if he does, it sure explains a lot. And the good news is that we can detox him and he should show signs of improvement. I am also hoping to get him into speech therapy (which reminds me they haven't called me back yet!). Ry & Kai have also started Omega Fatty Acids in addition to their multi-V. I just want everyone to stay healthy this winter.

Regular bulbs are now replacing all CFLs in the house. I don't even know where to take the used CFL bulbs! So they will sit in the garage until I figure it out.

Tomorrow is Kai's birthday and little does he know that we're all driving up to Burnet to meet the REAL THOMAS THE TRAIN! And we even get to ride the train. He is going to be so excited!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

what app is that? Hipstamatic? I have that one but it never uploads right into my mac. I need to try again now that I have the new external HD.

Great info on the light bulbs by the way...we don't have any I tried one once and hated the color of the light. I will NOT be buying any