Friday, October 15, 2010

Closer.... closer.... !!!

It's Friday. Friday's are my official weigh in days where I weigh myself first thing in the morning and log it onto Calorieking.com.

I don't know if I've explained much about my methods for weight loss, so I'll go into it a little bit. Basically, it's everything that you're supposed to do - eat good food in moderation and move your body. What I needed in my life was a way to measure what's going in and how much I move so I could manage it throughout the day. I don't have to restrict my favorite things, which is key here. I just put a bit more thought into planning my day and have stopped eating things off the kids' plates.

Anyway, after I had Cruz I felt heavier than I ever had before - Although in retrospect my heaviest was actually before I got pregnant with Ryenne - but for some reason I also felt more motivated and empowered than ever before as well.

At the end of March I was about 229 pounds. In July I joined calorieking.com at 219 pounds. Since joining and logging everything, it's been a steady 1 - 2 pounds per week which has been fabulous! This morning I weighed in at 191.4 - so close to getting into the 180's! Setting these small goals for myself makes me feel like I'm always celebrating a victory. Also huge for me.... since saying, "I want to lose 50 pounds." seems like an impossible task.

I am feeling so healthy and so amazed. Sometimes when I see my face in the mirror I think, "Who is that?" - I haven't seen that face my entire adult life.

On the flip side, it's also a little bit scary. I have always been the "Big Girl" so I'm trying to figure out who I am now. As strange as that sounds, I keep trying to label myself but can't figure it out. Clothes are also another interesting issue. Basically everything that I had before doesn't fit. My mom bought me some new clothes and I have been picking something up here and there but mostly it's hard to find things that fit. And I'm not used to shopping for clothes, either. It feels like a foreign world and I am clueless. Most of the things in my closet that don't fit anymore I had bought in my early twenties - everything - shirts, jeans, shorts, ect. The only "new" things were maternity clothes and I have no need for those anymore! It's just a frustrating issue for me. I am not enjoying clothes shopping as much as I thought I would. Instead I feel guilty for buying anything because I don't know how long it will fit for and I feel like I'm just wasting money.

Anyway, now I'm rambling. I am both excited and scared at this body transformation. Keep cheering me on everyone!

3 comments:

Lacey | Michael | Leilani said...

Go Mariah!!! You're so amazing... I am so happy for you!

xoxo

Susan said...

I am so happy for you to be achieving these goals. I have got to get motivated myself. You look beautiful... Keep believing in yourself above all else.

Kristi said...

i don't have the words to express how proud i am of you. it must be strange for you and people probably respond to you differently too. even close friends. keep going my dear friend...there is someone half way around the world cheering for you.