Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Pops came over this morning and I made breakfast and we went on a little walk around the block with the kiddos. After Pops left, I had to use up some bananas that were going passe so I made a banana buttermilk cake with homemade buttercream frosting. It was my first time doing a frosting like that. It was a lot of fun and came out really yummy.

I tried to do some therapy exercises with Kai Boy but he wasn't into it. He wasn't into taking a nap today either and the hard part is that he's figured out how to open his bedroom door himself. This changes the dynamic COMPLETELY! He is acting VERY two. So I'm having a hard time not only getting him to listen, but also to practice what we're learning in therapy. It's a huge challenge. 

When Peter woke up we had some pizza and started getting ready for trick-or-treating. Ryenne was so excited to be a butterfly. She looked gorgeous! 


Kai Boy was a Cow Boy :) He was really excited about the hat, but not the vest. I was going to draw a black mustache on him, but he didn't want me to. Again... this is a sensory thing with his mouth. 


And my dear Cruzito. He was a Swiffer Duster. Since he's been scooting all over the floor, I figured I might as well sew a microfiber cloth to his onesie. Just for giggles I grabbed the handle of our living room broom and we had fun with it. 


I was a house wife (or as I like to say... Domestic Goddess) and Peter was Clark Kent. It was a lot of fun dressing up. I even had hair extensions clipped into my hair. Too fun! 

Now these next images. These are near and dear to my heart because:
1. Pops took them for me.
2. They made me laugh so hard I nearly snorted.
3. They are totally and completely our family - big dorks that we are, never looking at the same thing, and cracking up hysterically about it. 




Hope everyone had a safe, wonderful Halloween!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

i am totally late but happy halloween anyway. y'all look so cute.