Friday, October 01, 2010

Kai is TWO!

I can't believe my Kai Boy is two. I remember the day that I went into labor with him, not knowing if I was having a girl or a boy. And secretly thinking to myself that I hoped it was a girl because "what would I do with a boy?". And he was a boy. And looked at me with amazing brown eyes and I was instantly smitten and remain smitten daily. 

Kai is such an easy person to love. He is generous and caring and sweet.

This morning we all cuddled on the couch and then we headed out for a walk at the dog park since it hadn't even hit 80 degrees yet. I took the big camera (they are loading on my computer right now) but he wasn't very interested in doing what I asked. 

We came back home after a good walk and kinda vegged out a while and watched Thomas the Train on Netflix. He loves trains and loves Thomas. I hadn't told him that we'd be meeting the actual Thomas Train this afternoon. 

When Peter woke up we loaded into the car and headed for Burnet, Texas. It was about an hour and a half drive and all three kids slept almost all the way there. Kai woke up feeling groggy and it was packed with people. He felt overwhelmed. 

There was a line to take a picture with Thomas and he sat for a moment while the attendant took a picture, but when Peter tried, he didn't want to sit in front of Thomas anymore, so it's just me and Ry and Cruz. 
IMG_4270

IMG_4260

IMG_4261

When it was our turn to ride the train we boarded and he started saying, "No! No!" and he clung to Peter. This was his first real train ride. The train cars were lovely. It's a vintage steam train. 

IMG_4278

IMG_4284

Cruz nursed and Ryenne was graced with amazing light coming in from the window! 
100110-7

IMG_4300

100110-6

As the ride continued, he got more interested and had a good time. He looked beautiful looking out the window. 

100110-26

100110-12

The ride was about 25 minutes long and we got off the train. By this point he was waving to the train and in an all around better mood. 

100110-14

I love this next picture so much because Kai wanted so badly to push his baby brother in the stroller. So I was holding on to steer but he really thought he was doing it by himself. And I love it because it's me and my three babies in a moment that is so normal and unposed. 

100110-15

On the way back to the car I swung him up in the air.

100110-16

So by this time it was about dinnertime and since we are never in the area we decided to go to Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. It was excellent. And we told them it was Kai's birthday and they brought him a piece of pie with a candle and sang to him. His eyes lit up. Cruz was being fussy and I was holding him and I just didn't have an extra hand to capture that moment, but it was very special. Ryenne and Kai shared the pie. I had a bite and it was AMAZING. Thank goodness I didn't have a whole slice to myself because it was seriously good pie. 

100110-19

100110-21

100110-20

We all left Bluebonnet Cafe full. As we turned out of the parking lot, the sun was setting. We were headed for the bridge that goes over the water. I thought to myself it was the only opportunity I'll get to photograph the sunset over water - something that I miss tremendously about Maui - so even though it has a fence and power lines, it's a little piece of something that made my heart happy. 

IMG_4309

When we got home everyone was so tired. Peter showered the kids and we put them all down to sleep. It was such a wonderful family day together. I love my Kai Boy so much. I am such a lucky mom to have him as my son.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

happy birthday sweet one.