Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday

My birthday started out a bit questionable - I just wasn't sure if it was going to turn into a good day. Cruz didn't sleep very well through the night and I got up tired. Well actually Cruz and Ry both got up at 6am and I was up with them until Peter got home at 7:30 with donuts. He took the kids and I went back to sleep, though it wasn't a solid sleep.

By the time 10am rolled around, Ryenne was in a horrible mood. I sent her to bed (with HUGE protest) and soon as she was down Cruz blew out his poopy diaper all over my shirt.

I was a little down and feeling overwhelmed and tired. When Cruz and Ry were asleep, my day completely changed.

I've been having a hard time grasping that my sweet, amazing Kai Boy has hit the Terrible Two's. He has been so rascally. But then one of my favorite songs came on Pandora - White Sandy Beach of Hawaii - and Kai came over and said, "Dance" and reached up to me. So I danced with my Kai Boy. Yep. I was a full on emotional crazy person. But really it made my morning. Lately he has been turning away from the camera... but here's my sweet boy.

20100818-IMG_9965

20100818-IMG_9980

Love his smile!!!
20100818-IMG_9973

So after that my day got better. Peter woke up and I got to take a shower, brush my hair, and put on non ratty clothes.

Peter got this of me and my babies. Love it!
20100821-IMG_9994

Then Gams and Pops came over and we had an amazing dinner of fried scallops, princess broccoli, french bread with butter... and my favorite chocolate mousse pie for dessert. I think this pie should be called, "The Religious Experience" because really it's like angels are singing when you eat it.

IMG_4132

Don't touch... this is my piece!!
IMG_4128

My mom made me this adorable Apron. I LOOOOOVE it!!!!
IMG_4138

Oh boy I was soooo stuffed after dinner. After I came off the sugar high I had a great night's sleep. It was a great 30th birthday!

3 comments:

KC said...

Happy Birthday Mariah!!!! Welcome to the 30 club - it's a good place to be:) It's funny because my birthday morning was pretty tough too, I had two really overtired girls and I think we all wanted to throw ourselves on the floor and cry. Looks like your day turned around. I love the photo with your kids - beautiful. Hope you have another amazing year, full of new and wonderful adventures!

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope our little gift made it there and I didn't even know it was your bday ;)

Kristi said...

Happy 30th my friend.

ps. the apron is soooo cute.