Friday, August 20, 2010

The Last Day

Today is the last day of my twenties. Wow... what a 10 years it has been! I think I can look back on my twenties with a lot of fondness. I think I started my twenties with ideas of what I wanted and who I was. Along the way I have changed so much - grew into the person that I am. Thankfully Peter has stood by me through my personal changes.

Just last night Peter and I actually got some quiet time when (amazingly) all three kids were asleep at the same moment. It was a short time, but it was refreshing to lay down next to each other and chat about the last ten years, our adventures, our three gorgeous children, and what lies ahead for us.

I shared with him a dream for my thirties; my dream is to live simply and go on adventures with the kids. He told me it's a good dream. We're on our way to making it happen.

I told my mom last night that I'm a thinker and a dreamer. She responded that I'm a Visionary. It made my night. I've been taught that the Present is such an important time. I like to savor every moment as much as I can and very much be "in the moment". But I also love to dream about what the future holds. It's exciting to me that I can help meld the future and make a dream come true.

I am pretty sure that after the next couple of years pass and Peter is graduated, we will start a new adventure. Most likely in the Pacific Northwest. The kids will be a little older - giant trees, lakes, and ocean will be our new playground.

Usually I don't think of my birthdays as a big deal. "Just another day" I have thought of my past birthdays. But this birthday feels special to me. I really feel like I know myself a lot better. I have new dreams to look forward to and children to go on adventures with.

Tomorrow I turn 30 and I couldn't be happier to start a new decade, with all my new grey hairs and all!

No comments: