Saturday, August 07, 2010

First Product Review - Toms of Maine Beautiful Earth Deodorant

Remember how I mentioned that I will be doing an overhaul in my household? When things run out I will be replacing them with their natural counterpart.

Well my first review is for Toms of Maine Deodorant in "Beautiful Earth" scent. I was really excited to try this because I think that Toms stands for very good things and I thought to myself, "Why am I trying to block my sweat anyway? What if it needs to come out? What if it's better for me to sweat?"

I almost snorted in the aisle of Newflower Market when I picked up "Beautiful Earth" because it evokes such an image of pot smoking, dreadlocked, Paia hippies - so not me - but the smell was really nice!

It did last for a while and I do sweat a bit cause I'm always lifting the kids or dancing or doing something where I'm in motion. The sweat didn't bother me and it did mostly mask any BO. But I do exercise about 5 - 6 days a week and after I did my Zumba I really did smell like a Paia hippie. I mean... it was BAD. You know it's bad when you can smell yourself!

So will I wear this when I go out on photo shoots? Definitely not. But it was just fine for normal household stuff... and I do shower after I exercise anyway. I think I will continue to keep the Dove around for when I get together with all you friends and family out there.

I'm testing out a couple of other things that I've had on hand for a few days now. I'll review them soon when I'm confident in my like/dislike of them.

1 comment: