Thursday, August 26, 2010

Latest Happenings

The past few days have been... well.. interesting.

We had a crazy streak of days hitting 107 on the thermometer IN THE SHADE. The intense heat was killing our garden so I decided it was time to harvest our sweet potatoes. I got some really great pictures of our spuds. The kids were hot and miserable so it ended up not being the fun project I had imagined. I am still very proud of our hard work though... I have never successfully grown anything! So pictures to come soon.

We also had Ry's last day of ballet and they were supposed to put on a Sleeping Beauty performance. We arrive and there's a substitute ballet instructor that has no idea it's the last day or that there's supposed to be a show. She turned on music and the girls did "free dance" and chased each other. I have video coming...

And lastly we have bad news about beloved Kupono Dog. The most amazing, beautiful, golden Pitty on the planet. He has Cancer. When my dad called me to tell me it was like a rock hit my gut. This beautiful creature... how could this be? We found out yesterday and I explained to Ryenne that Pono is sick. I think that she understands. We went over to visit with him today and take some pictures. I think the hardest thing for me is seeing my parents in so much pain and feeling helpless. I wish I could be of more help/support to get them through this.

I got some beautiful Images of Pono today. He gave me his "expressive eyebrows" and played with the kids and was his lovely self.

No comments: