Friday, March 25, 2011

The Cuties

Ryenne and Kai are either loving each other, or fighting non-stop in the car. On this day they were being goofy.
As promised, the images from the first day of Spring. We put water on the driveway so the chalk would appear brighter. We got wet. We sang songs. We wished on Dandelions. 




We did this while Cruz was napping so that I could play with the older two without having to hold Cruz. It was really nice. 

Peter surprised us and cleaned the backyard. Maybe it will become a habit??? We haven't been able to play back there because of dog mess. 

I got this nifty little "O" Ring flash doodad from photojojo.com that I wanted to test out for possible use at my preschool shoot next week. I still need to play with it more, but this is direct flash toward Ryenne and notice how there isn't a whole lot of shadow? I like it. Plus... she's a super high jumper and she's just too cool. 

 This is also with the flash adapter. Kai brings his cars everywhere. He has them talk to each other. He puts them in situations where one needs help and the other rescues. I had been waiting for this streak of imagination to light up in Kai - I was a little worried for a bit - but it's here. It's absolutely amazing to watch.
 Me, "Ryenne, can you smile at me?" - Ryenne, "HUH?" heehee
 When Peter wakes up, it makes Cruz's day. Cruz adores his daddy. When Peter walks down the stairs, Cruz just lights up - all smiles. I become chopped liver. Cruz was still having his snotty nose here, but I just love it because it shows how happy he his when Peter wakes up.
 This next image was my second favorite from the shoot with Kai in front of the Wisteria. He did a sly little smile to the side. He wouldn't smile AT me, but this was more genuine anyway and so HIM.
 We were literally right on Brodie Lane, which is a busy street. Cars were zooming past me. Kai stayed right where I told him too. When cars drove by really fast, he yelled, NOT NICE! SLOW DOWN! and gave this face. I didn't change my aperture here so it's shallow, but his face is priceless.

 Cruzito with his wooden ducks.
 Really concentrating on his walking.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

cruz had me melting with that shot of him and the wooden ducks...sweet bean. happy spring.