Sunday, March 20, 2011

La Luna and Sandy Feet

Last night the moon was simply amazing. Peter and I went outside and watched it rise in the sky above our fence. I grabbed my camera and got this beautiful image of the moon. 

The moon will always remind me of Ryenne. When the house is quiet, she always plays the game, "Know how much I love you, Mama?" - it started with TO THE MOON, but it's going to a much greater distance now. 

I joked with Peter that the moon was so big it looked almost like I could just pick it right out of the sky and hold it in my hands. It was kinda magical. 

The kids and I are getting over a nasty cold. Yesterday Gams helped me take all three to the doctor. The older two just needed some over the counter stuff but poor Cruzito has his very first ear infection (both ears) and conjunctivitis in both eyes. He got some antibiotics and is a much happier boy today. 

This morning we went with Gams and Pops to Cracker Barrel and had a lovely breakfast. While we were at the little store waiting for our table, Pops told me he found something that I would like. He showed it to me - and it sums of my life perfectly right now. He bought it for me. And now I can stare at it every single day. Thanks Pop!


1 comment:

Kristi said...

it is always such a special thing when a father gifts his adult daughter, don't you think?