Tuesday, March 01, 2011

This week Peter and I have been talking about Cruz turning one on Friday. We just can't believe that this little man has been in our lives for almost a year already and we can't even fathom our lives without him. He is always on the move. Always smiling. Always curious. He loves to push things across the floor.

He now loves to peek-a-boo between his legs. It's hilarious. Especially if you do the same thing or look at him between his legs - he just cracks up!
On Sunday me and the kids picked up Pops and we went to the Kyle City Hall for a Food Bank fundraiser. For a donation you got to pick out a handmade bowl and have soup and bread. You could always buy cookies. It was really fun and a great way to get out of the house.




It was hilarious because Pop picked this funny looking bowl that he was so proud a fifth grader made it - and then he found out it was a college student that made it. We were rolling over laughing so hard. We figured that student was probably a business major and not an art major ;)

Pops got this great shot of me a nd Katie. We did one with a Longhorns sign too but it wasn't in focus (sorry Katie.... the Hawaiian sign wins!)
Peter knows this cab driver that has a farm in Bastrop. He said this cab driver is really nice and he brought us an entire bag of organic, farm fresh eggs from his chickens. I was so stoked. I LOVE eggs - not only to eat, but just because I think eggs are beautiful. Especially when they're multi-hued like this.
Ryenne was fascinated by the various colors.

More of Cruzito being cute...
Hmmmm.... so that's where my magazine went! Peek-a-boo Cruz!!
This last image I really love. Egg Love. Me and Ry were making some hard boiled eggs and I had the pot on the table so she could pick which eggs we were going to boil. As I saw the contrast of colors, I knew I had to photograph it. But I didn't want a centered, "normal" picture. I really love how it came out. I think I'm gonna put it up on Etsy and call it "Egg Love - a fine art egg print" LOL

4 comments:

Susan said...

I loved reading this, I am behind on blog reading. And I LOVE the egg photos. That last one is BEAUTIFUL...so pretty. I cannot believe Cruz will be 1 already. I can believe it, and I can't. Sweet baby boy

Kristi said...

i really liked this post and all those gorgeous photos of eggs. cruz is one year...this is blowing my mind. remember when we didn't have any kids. smile.

ps. we are feeling the same. hard feeling unsettled with littles. i think it is the worst feeling.

Katie Bell Moore said...

That's a horrible picture of me! Why are you so darn photogenic?

maui said...

Mariah-You look amazing! You have lost so much weight! Congratulations and continued success on your path to a healthy lifestyle. I must admit, it is inspiring:-)
Janice