Saturday, March 12, 2011

dirty

Yesterday we were all on edge waiting to see if the tsunami generated from the earthquake in Japan would reach Hawaii. It did - and it was amazing to see footage. I am thankful that damage wasn't huge. 

Japan has been on my mind today as images are displayed all over the internet showing the devastation there. It's hard to even fathom. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today we were scheduled to go to a Hawaiian Club picnic - a first for us. But I was up quite a bit last night with Kai Boy who was coughing all night, and I had a sore throat. We skipped the picnic. Pops came over and we took the kids to the little neighborhood park to get some energy out. 

I left Cruz in his jammies so his knees would be protected from all the sticks and brush. It was cute how all the twigs stuck to his jammies.

I really enjoyed watching the kids take off and do their own thing. I didn't hover. I just let them go. I watched Cruz taste sticks, crawl all over, push toys, go on adventures by himself. Ryenne and Kai went on the tricycle and scooter and the playground. They all did so great. And got dirty. I love dirty little kids.

My throat is still tender but I'm on the mend. Tomorrow is our fitness test for P90x - Peter and my Pop have decided to join me on the journey. Exciting!

No comments: