Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Before the Trip

Peter and I have decided that we need to do something fun once a week with the kids. It's hard because of course doing things costs money (mostly it's food) and it can be a challenge to get all three kids out of the house in a good mood. But we need to do it. I want the kids to have memories of doing fun things with us, exploring, and learning that there is so much more to the world than what is in our house and our yard.

So the day before my trip we went out on a family outing. First I needed to get some sunglasses, as mine were lost. We headed to Whole Earth Provision Company (one of my favorite stores) and I scored some awesome sunglasses. In the parking lot was a Dodge Viper. Kai Boy is OBSESSED with race cars. He wanted to go check it out. And the owners were walking toward it when we got there and let us take pictures by the car.

It was actually pretty funny because Kai said he wanted to take the car home and he was upset that the owner got in and drove away.

After the race car excitement, we headed to Phil's Ice House for burgers and playground fun.

The older two were off playing and Cruz wanted to play too. He did great on the climbing wall. This particular playground has a swinging bridge. Kai didn't want to go on it (sensory issues). I held his hand and walked him across the bridge - it was shaking and he was afraid. But he did it. Then he inched onto it by himself. After a few minutes, he was jumping on it and making the bridge swing all over the place. He conquered the fear. It was awesome.

After playtime, we headed back inside for ice cream. Amy's ice cream is pretty famous in Austin. We sampled a Texas flavor - barbeque sauce ice cream (IT WAS WEIRD!). The kids decided on a sweet cream with crushed frosted animal crackers.

Ryenne was so sweaty with her hair all in her face by this time so no pics of her. We had such a great outing. Everyone was tired and slept great. More on my trip coming.... I want to write it out before I forget details. I'm just trying to get caught up with some editing.

No comments: