Monday, April 04, 2011

A Daydream

Today was an awesome day. We headed up to North Austin... or was it Cedar Park? Anyway, it was FAR. We met up with Marti and her two sweet kids Andy and Suzy for some nature fun near their YMCA. We got out of the car and it was COLD. WAAAAY colder than we were expecting. Luckily, I had jackets in the car for the kiddos. 

Though it was cold, it was green and gorgeous. I had my camera in tow and let the kids explore. I have been wanting to challenge myself with seeing things in different ways - seeing more texture and more than just the "portrait" view from my lens. This was a great way for me to get creative. 

The light on this cloudy morning was dreamy - it looked like magic was happening all around us. The kids explored along the creek, with rocks, the plants, the little animal footprints embedded in the path. 

So here is the result of this experiment with capturing a "storyboard" of our day today. 


I also got some really cute images with Suzy and Andy.

There's this part of the path where the 183 freeway goes right over our heads. It was kinda wild! This is Ryenne and Suzy in this one. 

 Ryenne and Suzy are pretty darn cute.
 Kai Boy and Andy love Lighting McQueen. They were really sweet to each other.
On the pathway back Marti volunteered to get some pictures of me and the kids. I am so excited to see them. I owe you Marti! Next time I'll get you and your kiddos. I should have volunteered today, but honestly I'm so tired that I completely spaced out.

After our morning at the park, we drove to Buda (yes! WAAAAY North to WAAAAY South!) for Kai's 30 month check up. He's a super healthy little guy - still 5th percentile, but he's just tiny and that's how he is. He has done excellent with potty training all day long. Tomorrow will be his first potty training day at school!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

adventuring with littles in tow is my favorite thing ever.

Marti said...

Thanks so much for making the trek out! We had a super fun time. :) I really love the ones of the kids exploring. The memories of the footprints, flowing water, and the rocks that Ry adored. What a great "story". :) My photos aren't as pretty as yours, but I hope they will be happy snapshots. Oh, and you are totally off the hook with photos of me. I didn't even think about it.